This page lists applications of RTTOV and some have links giving examples of the applications. This list is not exhaustive and users are invited to suggest additions to this using the feedback form.
- Radiance observation monitoring (to monitor mean bias of each channel)
- Assimilation of satellite radiances in a variational analysis for NWP and reanalyses
- Physical retrievals of temperature, water vapour etc from satellite sounder data (e.g. use in 1D-Var)
- Simulated satellite imagery from high-resolution NWP model fields
- Simulation studies of new satellite sensors
- Validation of climate model runs in radiance space (e.g. upper tropospheric water vapour)
Version 11.1 of RTTOV was released in May 2013. RTTOV v11 is available to licensed users free of charge. To become a licensed user of RTTOV v11, please send a request using the RTTOV v11 Request Form.