RTTOV v10 was released in January 2011 by the NWP SAF. The next version (v11) is now under development within the NWP SAF. A brief overview of the main new features planned for RTTOV v11 is given here. The planned date for release of RTTOV v11 is 2013.RTTOV v11 developments
- Technical changes
- More efficient code on supercomputers
- Scientific changes
- Addition of capability to simulate visible and near infrared satellite channels.
- Inclusion of non-local thermodynamic equilibrium for correction for shortwave infrared sounding channels.
- Addition of capability to simulate new instruments such as ATMS and Meteosat Third Generation IR sounder.
- Improvements to simulation of PCs for advanced IR sounders
- Updates to the land surface emissivity atlases
- UV simulation capability
- Improvements to VIS/NIR/IR simulations
- Improvements to RTTOV_SCATT simulations for MW radiancse affected by hydrometeors
- Update LBL transmittance databases
- Generation of new IR coeffs
- Update ocean and land surface emissivity
- Further code optimisation.
To comment or to suggest future enhancements to RTTOV, please use the NWP SAF feedback form.