Venue: EUMETSAT, Darmstadt, Germany, 14 April 2011
The goal of the workshop was to provide NWP data assimilation colleagues insight in the main relevant characteristics of the scatterometer data, provide guidance for data assimilation and collect NWP user requirements.
|Presentations given at the workshop|
- 9:00 Welcome and poster set up
- 9:10 Scatterometer winds introduction – Ad Stoffelen
- 9:40 Wind vector retrieval and ambiguity removal – Marcos Portabella
- 10:10 OSI SAF wind products and services – Anton Verhoef
- 11:00 Wind biases and correction – Jur Vogelzang
- 11:30 Scatterometer data assimilation – Ad Stoffelen
- 12:00 Mesoscale data assimilation – Jur Vogelzang
- 14:00 Discussion and feedback – All
|Digital versions of posters|
Thank you to the authors for preparing these posters and allowing them to be distributed online.
- NWP SAF scatterometer monitoring – James Cotton, Robert Tardif, Hans Hersbach, Dave Offiler, Bryan Conway
- Datasets, Services, and Support at PO.DAAC: A Focus on Ocean Wind and Scatterometry – David Moroni
- Operational use of scatterometer winds in the Météo-France data assimilation system – Christophe Payan Hervé Bénichou, Bruno Lacroix
- Operational Use of Scatterometer Winds in the JMA Data Assimilation System – Masaya Takahashi
Please note that the workshop directly followed the ESA/EUM scatterometer Conference.